Protec Fire and Security Group Ltd. is committed to continuing sustainable development of its business activities by ensuring it meets the needs of clients, legislation, regulation and society in general with the use of responsible business policies, legal compliance, operational systems and accreditations. With independent verification by Third-party certification bodies, we endeavour to provide world-class quality products and offer first-class client services; system design, installation, servicing and maintenance.
We procure staffing, materials and components from ethical and sustainable sources. Components include high quality electronic parts, circuit boards and interconnecting cables, enabling the finished product to have a long lifecycle.
We work to the accepted rules of ethical business conduct and as such, are committed to high ethical standards in our business dealings to ensure the integrity of our organisation and employees is always maintained.
Developments in manufacture have led to reductions in resources during the products’ lifecycle, based upon other similar products and systems. End of commercial life products are then processed and 100% recycled or diverted from landfill.
Business continuity processes are in place, which analyse major risks to the business. These are categorised in priority and relevant mitigation measures are put in place. These are subject to continual review through the business Integrated Management System which incorporates ISO9001, ISO14001 and ISO45001 systems, recognised Industry Schemes and Customer-led appraisal schemes.
We are “B member supplier” registered in SEDEX ADVANCE regarding our commitment to ethical trading. Our membership number is: ZC1003205.
We operate a Carbon Reduction Plan across all activities, have obtained Certified Carbon Neutral Status in 2021 via verified Carbon Offsetting and are presently working towards a Carbon Zero Status in accordance with Client Requirement and Government Guidelines and Legislation. Presently certified carbon neutral.
Practical Measures In Progress
- Quality, Safety, Health, Environmental & Ethical Management Systems
- Carbon Footprint calculations
- Operational and system design efficiencies
- New product design projects
- Opportunities to improve services to clients
- Product life-cycle/impact commitment to review products as part of long-term systems
- Productivity and testing methods
- Risk management
- Community and social aspect and impact projects
- Occupational health and safety within the business activities
- Ethical policy/employment practices
- Training and development
- Sustainable Operations Code of Practice is a recently issued Company document, which sets out to state our on-going commitments to sustainable development as a company