(Age 16 - 24)
By taking the option of a modern apprenticeship over full-time education such as A-Levels or a BTEC full-time course, you will have the opportunity to ‘Earn while you learn’.
Applications are now CLOSED for the 2023 intake
James Burns, Apprentice Test Engineer
I enjoy learning something different every day, as well as earning money and gaining qualifications at the same time
What We Offer
Apprenticeships can offer a far greater educational foundation than a full time education course including:
- Learning a skilled trade in a developing and changing technical environment.
- Gain a great amount of practical experience, mixed with education, to prepare you for the future.
- Earn an income with performance related annual pay rises.
- Education to a higher qualification – Higher National Certificate in Electrical / Electronic Engineering.
- Further opportunities at Universities, as a higher national certificate can allow a higher entry level into universities.
- Gain more social skills whilst working as a team with other members of staff around the same age group.
- Gain vital life skills for a career in engineering.
An apprenticeship generally lasts four years, during which time you have the opportunity to learn electronic engineering in a technical, challenging role whilst financially supporting yourself.
Protec will endeavour to offer more than just a modern apprenticeship. Once you have completed your modern apprenticeship, the company will evaluate your abilities and aim to offer you alternative roles within the company which match your skills and interest within the Protec group.
The Protec engineers apprenticeship scheme is held at our head office in Nelson, Lancashire.