Working for Protec
From being formed in 1968, Protec has always been invested in its employees, becoming the largest privately owned fire detection company in the UK. Through seven decades of operation, Protec has endeavoured to keep the influential family culture on which it was formed. The family culture ensures Protec benefits from a high staff retention level and a warm, friendly atmosphere. From this long-standing employee base, Protec has ensured that it has become a reliable and respected brand within the fire and security industry.
With a nationwide network of 875+ employees working out of the purpose-built production facility at our head office in Lancashire and four additional remote offices located around mainland Britain. Protec offer fresh and exciting job opportunities across the UK.
Here at Protec, we ensure an equal opportunity, employee-focused environment. We do this by maintaining a very flat communication structure and influential team culture. By encouraging employees to speak out at any level, with ideas and suggestions, this improves the experience of colleagues and clients alike.
We like to show the same level of investment in our employees as they show in us and that’s why we offer job-based training such as online courses or our excellent young person’s apprenticeship scheme. Through your time at Protec, it will see you working alongside some of the finest people from the fire detection and security industry across some of the UK’s most prestigious building projects owned by some of the world’s biggest brands.
Why Work For Protec?
Comparable rates of pay
32 days holiday per year
- Working Hours
Flexible working on agreement
- Company Vehicles
As well as being regarded as being part of the warm and friendly Protec team, we offer a series of benefits to your employment with us:
- The fire and security industry is a saturated market for talent; that’s why we offer comparable rates of pay to put Protec at the top of the list when choosing to come and work for us.
- In today’s busy and hectic world, we know time off is essential for people’s well-being, that’s why we offer 32 days holiday per year. In addition to this as part of a thank you for your time served at Protec, we increase the holiday allowance over time through our ‘service day’ scheme.
- Life isn’t straightforward, and we understand that, this is why in certain situations, we offer Flexible working upon agreement.
- Some jobs may involve driving to and from our clients’ sites and we wouldn’t expect you to use your own vehicle. At Protec, we issue Company vehicles to various roles where appropriate.
- We like to ensure not only our employees are looked after but also their families as well, that’s why we offer a Death in Service Beneficiary scheme which all employees are automatically opted into from their first day with the company.
- Including all of the above perks, we also include government-backed schemes like the employer-assisted pension scheme. Also, employees can benefit from various discount schemes and incentives for goods and services provided by other businesses.
We recognise that our success is delivered by our staff and so have always tried to invest in them by promoting from within wherever possible.Find Out More
Protec Fire Detection plc is a growing company and along with that comes the opportunity to expand our dedicated work force.Find Out More
By taking the option of a modern apprenticeship over full time education such as A-Levels or a BTEC full time course, you will have the opportunity to ‘Earn while you learn’.Find Out More